The World Congress of Science & Factual Producers
As an international conference with members worldwide, the organizers of the World Congress of Science & Factual Producers could not guarantee the health and safety of the members gathering in a physical space during the pandemic and so they have decided to move to an online event this year! Even though everyone regrets that it was not possible to meet in person, this provides wonderful opportunities to reach out to a larger and more diverse group of producers, content creators, scientists, science communicators and distributors. Not only does this eliminate expensive travel costs, the organizers have also drastically cut the registration fees to make the event affordable to just about anyone who wishes to attend.
The ECSFP has introduced an associate member rate of 84 EUR. This rate is available to:
- Junior executives or independent producers who are under 35 and have less than five years experience in the industry.
- Science communicators who independently create and distribute content primarily via digital platforms (e.g. social media, YouTube, podcasts), and are not directly employed by a broadcaster or digital platform.
- Post-graduate scientists focused on public outreach and working in online or digital platforms.
If you are eligible for an Associate Member registration rate, you may also be eligible to apply to the Emerging Producer Bursary Program that offers mentorship support and free registration. All the details can be found at here.
Important Congress Dates
- September 4: Emerging Producers Bursary Program Application Deadline
- October 10: The Buzzies Submissions Deadline
- December 8-10: Congress '20